Priest’s Brother Files Lawsuit

Posted:

The brother of a priest has filed a lawsuit over a 2007 gas explosion that left his brother seriously injured. The priest was injured in his apartment following a gas explosion. Rev. James C. McCarthy was reportedly in hospital for months following the explosion, and he died in November of that year, allegedly as a result of these injuries.

The lawsuit has been filed against NorthWestern Energy, and the brother of the priest is seeking compensation for the medical expenses incurred as a result of his brother’s injuries, the pain and suffering that his brother experienced, damage to the property, and emotional distress.

According to the lawsuit there was a faulty threaded elbow joint on the service line that resulted in the explosion in the apartment. Butte fire marshal John Lasky claims that McCarthy and some of his neighbours did smell gas for some hours before the explosion but did not report this.

NorthWestern Energy did not comment on the lawsuit because it was still pending litigation, but reports claim that Leonard Leveaux, who was a division manager for the company at the time of the explosion, has also been named as a defendant.

 

Bookmark This Article:
| del.icio.us: Delicious | Digg: Digg | Technorati: Technorati | Newsvine: Seed this article | Reddit: Add to Reddit | Furl: Add to furl | |
| Stumble Upon: Stumble This Article | Yahoo!: YahooMyWeb | Google: Google |

 

Legal•Info: Related Articles


Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function similar_posts() in /home/legalinfo/public_html/legal-news/wp-content/themes/default/single.php:125 Stack trace: #0 /home/legalinfo/public_html/legal-news/wp-includes/template-loader.php(78): include() #1 /home/legalinfo/public_html/legal-news/wp-blog-header.php(19): require_once('/home/legalinfo...') #2 /home/legalinfo/public_html/legal-news/index.php(17): require('/home/legalinfo...') #3 {main} thrown in /home/legalinfo/public_html/legal-news/wp-content/themes/default/single.php on line 125